Do you enjoy having crunchy sweet granola flakes fro breakfast? Well this recipe is not only super-easy to make, it is also very healthy and will surely satisfy your cravings.
· 4 cups rolled oats (use certified gluten-free oats for gluten-free granola)
· 2 medium bananas
· 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or any other flavorings - I used a tsp of a zero-calorie Toffee flavoring from ‘MyProtein’ called Flavdrops)
· ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon *optional
· 1 teaspoon stevia powder (or any other sweeteners) *optional
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and cover a baking tray with a non-stick baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, cut the bananas and mash them.
3. Add the maple syrup and mix well (if it was in the fridge, warm it up slightly so that it becomes a little bit runnier and can be mixed more easily. I put mine in the microwave for 5 seconds).
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and combine them. The mixture should be in a sticky crumble form.
5. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
6. Bake until lightly golden, about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway.
7. Let the granola cool completely for half an hour before storing in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The mixture before it goes in the oven:
Spread out in the oven:
The end result; golden granola: